[wplug] pppd / chat error

J Aaron Farr jaaron_farr at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 1 21:52:03 EST 2002

I recently got pppd all configured to connect to Pitt.  Everything was
working well for about a week.  Now all of a sudden I get this in my logs
when I try to run pppd:

chat[573]: Can't get terminal parameters: Input/output error

At which point pppd exits.

I'm running Red Hat 7.2.  I've recently installed some new packages for
xemacs and enlightenment, but I was able to connect after installing those
packages.  So I'm not sure what changed.  Anyone know why chat would be able
to get terminal parameters?

jaaron

email: jaaron_farr at hotmail.com
http://www.geocities.com/jaaronfarr

Support Freedoms of the Information Age:
http://www.eff.org
http://www.digitalconsumer.org