[wplug] [wplug-announce] The Future of WPLUG

David Gerard Matthews spektralman at linuxfreemail.com
Mon Apr 1 12:12:11 EST 2002

First, we need to certify all of your hardware to make sure that it
meets our minimum specifications.   Secondly, we need to verify that you
are running the most current version of our software.  This means
Windows XP or Windows 2000, with Office XP, and the most recent versions
of Outlook, Internet Explorer, DirectX, and the Visual Developer
Studio.  (What?  You aren't a developer?   We are only doing this to
better serve you, the customer, and to give you more options.)   We will
assess a small fee for the verification and certifacation process.
Alternatively, you can choose to purchase a subscription, which will
allow us to certify your hardware and software once a year in addition
to covering the cost of your seat license in the group.  However, you
must sign an agreement promising not use software provided by vendors
other than Microsoft.
Have a nice day!

> Hear hear, it's about time.
>
> It's about time we abandoned childish fantasies of freedom and
> convenience.
>
> So how much does a seat license cost for the GUM's from now on?

> Bryon Gill (aka abe ferlman)
>

> On Mon, 1 Apr 2002, Robert Dale wrote:
>

> > It's been a little more than 10 years since the inception of Linux.
> > During that time a an enormous user community formed, and many
battles
> > were won.
> >
> > WPLUG has been a part of that movement since 1997 when fellow
Pittsburghers