[wplug] [wplug-announce] The Future of WPLUG

Robert Dale rdale at wplug.org
Mon Apr 1 10:40:25 EST 2002

It's been a little more than 10 years since the inception of Linux.
During that time a an enormous user community formed, and many battles
were won.

WPLUG has been a part of that movement since 1997 when fellow Pittsburghers
banded together to promote and support Linux locally.  It was small at first,
but continues to grow stronger month.  It has been a great 5 years.

However, it's been a losing war.  Microsoft, with its billions of dollars
and 99% ownership of the desktop, Linux clearly has no chance.

That's why we, the board of WPLUG, have accepted an undisclosed amount
of money from Microsoft to make a small change.  We are going to replace
the 'L' in WPLUG with a 'W'.  WPLUG will now be known as WPWUG -
Western PA Windows User Group.

We had it coming...  Accept your fate.  You will be assimilated.

--
The Borg of WPWUG