[wplug] Install & boot disk problems

Lance Tost vze2b7cu at verizon.net
Thu Sep 27 23:02:05 EDT 2001

I had to do this... lemme think...

I think I booted from the cd with 'linux expert noprobe' which allowed
me to select the experimental driver for the adaptec card I had...

But then after the install, the machine would continue to hang during
bootup.. it was still trying to load the problem driver... So I booted
off the cd into rescue mode (I think) and mounted my /... in there, I
removed the offending driver from /etc/modules.conf (I think) then
recreated the initrd image in /boot... look at the manpage for mkinitrd.

That should do it.

PS... /etc/modules.conf would actually be, say, /a/etc/modules.conf if
you mounted your / under /a.