[wplug] Install & boot disk problems

William Powell billpwl1 at home.com
Tue Sep 25 13:12:30 EDT 2001

I have a 200 Mhz Win98 machine that I want to dual boot Red Hat on
seperate IDE hard drives. This machine has an adaptec SCSI card used
only with an external PC Card adapter.

During the install process, it hangs when trying to initialize the SCSI
card and load the module for it. Using the EXPERT mode, I was finially
able to get the install to not init that SCSI module. But there is a
problem with LILO and the boot disk created during the install always
tries to init the SCSI module and the systems hangs.

Is there any way I can modify the boot disk to NOT load that SCSI
module?

Bill