[wplug] IP addresses

Ed Aiken eaiken at home.com
Wed Sep 19 08:36:36 EDT 2001

try out nmap

here is an output from my home

(10:35am)(FreeBSD):~ > nmap -sP 192.168.10.0/24

Starting nmap V. 2.53 by fyodor at insecure.org ( www.insecure.org/nmap/ )
Host  (192.168.10.1) appears to be up.
Host  (192.168.10.2) appears to be up.
Host  (192.168.10.3) appears to be up.
Host  (192.168.10.4) appears to be up.
Host freebsd.neo.com (192.168.10.5) appears to be up.
Host  (192.168.10.6) appears to be up.
Host  (192.168.10.7) appears to be up.
Host  (192.168.10.8) appears to be up.
Host  (192.168.10.10) appears to be up.
Host  (192.168.10.12) appears to be up.
Host  (192.168.10.13) appears to be up.
Host  (192.168.10.15) appears to be up.
Host  (192.168.10.20) appears to be up.
Nmap run completed -- 256 IP addresses (13 hosts up) scanned in 3 seconds

I hope this helps out!

If you running dhcp then your server should also be able to tell ya.

.e