[wplug] Re: Fatal Error During Installation! Any Ideas?

harrold at sage.che.pitt.edu harrold at sage.che.pitt.edu
Tue Sep 18 19:21:52 EDT 2001

Sometime in September Eric Hsiung assaulted keyboard and produced...

|For hard drives, I usually go to the manufacturer's web site and
|download their low-level diagnostics package. I've used such
|utilities from Western Digital, Seagate and Quantum; other disk
|manufacturers probably have them as well. Since they are
|vendor-specific, these utilities sometimes perform additional test
|and inform you if your drive has been subject to a recall. For
|example, the Western Digital 31600 drives from a few years
|ago that were replaced for free.
|
|If you are willing to spend a few bucks, Spin-Rite from Gibson
|Research (www.grc.com) has served me well (though to be honest
|I haven't used it in a couple of years).

i used spinright before and it was a great program. i believe that it
hasnt been updated in a while and the last version i saw only supported
hardrives <= 1gig
--
john

"You have new mail, you open it. Your server begins port
scanning every box on the internet.  Do the server's mind?
Of course not, they have nothing better to do."