[wplug] wired resp

harrold at sage.che.pitt.edu harrold at sage.che.pitt.edu
Sat Sep 15 09:23:47 EDT 2001

Sometime in September squeegy assaulted keyboard and produced...

|multimedia.  cdrecord on linux sucks for burning cds.  even with a GUI to
|control it.  I use easycd and copycd.  Now when I am working I want linux

so if cdrecord sucks for burning cd's on linux what do you consider it to
be good for on linux? i'm infering from this that you think it sucks in
general?

here is my cdrecord equivalent of your two programs.

easycd:
mkisofs  -RJ /path/to/cd/contents  | cdrecord -v speed=8 dev=6,0 -

copycd:
cdrecord -v speed=8 dev=6,0 -isosize /dev/to/copy

what do you need a gui for? the thing i disliked most about writing cds in
windows was being unable to use my computer while it was writing cds. i've
never had a problem with this in linux on the same hardware.

--
john
kitten the other white meat.