[wplug] afpfs anyone?

Douglas Green green at np.awing.upmc.edu
Thu Sep 13 18:15:58 EDT 2001

Hi -

This question is for people with an interest in mounting remote files that
are being shared by a mac.

I have tried numerous times to compile the afpfs package with no success. It
fails with "incompatible pointer" errors (numerous). I have tried every
version of afpfs that I can get my hands on, and none of them will compile.
The last time I compiled this package and it worked was with Mandrake 7.2 (I
think it was kernel 2.2.17). I have tried compiling under 2.4 series kernels,
and it does not work. I have two questions:

1) Are these "incompatible pointers" related to my kernel version, and if so
can I somehow make my new install backwards compatible?

2) Is there a better way to share files FROM a mac TO a linux box?

Thanks!

Doug