[wplug] Orinoco WaveLAN on Debian

Lance Tost ltost at pobox.com
Wed Sep 12 16:00:58 EDT 2001

Hmmm... do you have /etc/pcmcia/wireless.opts?  Did you edit it if so?

Make sure you comment out the lines:

# NOTE : Remove the following four lines to activate the samples below ...
# --------- START SECTION TO REMOVE -----------
#*,*,*,*)
#    ;;
# ---------- END SECTION TO REMOVE ------------

And set ESSID and KEY to your specific values in the following section:

# Lucent Wavelan IEEE
# Note : wvlan_cs driver only, and version 1.0.4+ for encryption support
*,*,*,00:60:1D:*|*,*,*,00:02:2D:*)
     INFO="Wavelan IEEE"
     ESSID="xxxxxx"
     MODE="auto"
     RATE="auto"
     KEY="s:xxxx"
# To set all four keys, use :
# KEY="s:secu1 [1] key s:secu2 [2] key s:secu3 [3] key s:secu4 [4] key [1]"

Then do an /etc/init.d/pcmcia restart

Use iwconfig wvlan0 to manually see settings.