[wplug] Just for fun...

Elwin Green bekitemba at excite.com
Wed Sep 12 02:39:03 EDT 2001

...I would like to put together a kind of Guinness book/Ripley's listing of
odd or extreme facts about Linux. For instance:

The longest recorded runtime for a Linux-based system,

The largest/most powerful single computer or device running Linux,

The largest cluster running Linux,

The largest organizational deployment of Linux,

The SMALLEST known Linux-based device,

The largest/smallest distros,

The most remote deployments of Linux (a space shuttle? a submarine?),

...and any other unusual items that anybody can think of.

Ultimately, I want this page to celebrate creativity, and to help people see
the adaptability of Linux for uses far beyond the desktop. If you'd like to
submit an item for inclusion, or a question/category you'd like to suggest,
please drop me a line at the above address. Thanks!

Elwin G.