[wplug] Installfest Server

Evan DiBiase edibiase at mac.com
Wed Sep 5 20:34:20 EDT 2001

On Wednesday, September 5, 2001, at 05:01 PM, Michael Skowvron wrote:

[snip]

> Unfortunately, the only distribution that I have is
> Mandrake 8.0. As soon as I get the server booted, I
> would like to use other people's CDs to popluate the
> distribution directories. This should only take about
> 5 minutes or so per CD and we can do this in parallel
> by using CDs on the network.

I'm going to burn a whole buncha' CDs as previously mentioned, just as
soon as I get my CD burner to stop malfunctioning (and this is the new
one!). Worst case, I'll just use my brother's machine and Easy CD
Creater (blech). At any rate, we should have a goodly number of
distributions available.

> I'll also be bringing a 16port 10/100 switch and several
> NIC cards (both PCI and ISA). Bring cat-5, because I'm
> only going to bring a few cables.

Excellent!

> For those that have distribution CDs, it would be great
> to make several boot floppys ahead of time, so we aren't
> fumbling on Saturday.

Good point. I'll see what I can do on this score, although we may have
to make some on the spot (hopefully before the official start).

> (Am I going overboard on this?) :)

Nah... you can never have too many distributions or too much serverly
goodness to hold them!

-Evan