[wplug] Installfest Server

Michael Skowvron michaels at pittsburgh.sgi.com
Wed Sep 5 17:01:35 EDT 2001

I'll be bringing a machine to the installfest for use
as a distribution server. I've got about 40GB of space
free on it, so we should be able to fit all of the
distros that are popular.

Unfortunately, the only distribution that I have is
Mandrake 8.0. As soon as I get the server booted, I
would like to use other people's CDs to popluate the
distribution directories. This should only take about
5 minutes or so per CD and we can do this in parallel
by using CDs on the network.

I'll also be bringing a 16port 10/100 switch and several
NIC cards (both PCI and ISA). Bring cat-5, because I'm
only going to bring a few cables.

For those that have distribution CDs, it would be great
to make several boot floppys ahead of time, so we aren't
fumbling on Saturday.

(Am I going overboard on this?) :)

Michael