[wplug] dual boot problems

Abhishek Soni soni_abhishek at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 5 09:03:57 EDT 2001

I have some problems regarding my home computer;
it has two hard disks, a SCSI (2.1 GB) and an IDE (2.1
GB). initially i just had the SCSI hard disk and WIN98
on it.
recently i added the other IDE disk and loaded Red Hat
7.1 on it but in order to use Linux i have to boot it
off a floppy disk.

also, i have a win modem CREATIVE model# DI5630-5, so
i cannot use that with LINUX, so i intend keeping both
the operating systems.

my questions are,

1. can i boot into either of the operating systems
without a boot floppy.

2. i don't intend using windows for anything other
than the fact that i am stuck with a WINMODEM, so can
i use space on this hard disk for LINUX as well.

3. the best alternative would be if i could use this
modem itself, so does someone know a way to get this
particular modem work with LINUX??

thanks ,
abhi

=====
The Good Lord made all the integers; the rest is man's doing.
				Leopold Kronecker (1823-1891)

http://sage.che.pitt.edu/~soni/