[wplug] linux on mac?

squeegy chiodi at squeegy.org
Tue Sep 4 10:50:04 EDT 2001

I ran linuxppc on a powerbook G3 for a couple of years at my last job.
In addition to less precompiled binaries, not everything compiles on
linuxppc.  Mac on Linux which is open source I think is very cool.
My first computer was an Apple IIe and I owned some of the early macs.  I
used to run my home page and mail server on an old mac se 30 with netbsd
installed.  I have upgraded a powermac 7500 to a G4 450mhz just recently
and haven't decided between trying OS X or installing linux on it. It
depends on if I can get either of them to run this old thing.  Where I use
to work, we were running a blue g3 with linuxppc as a production server,
but there was talk of turning it into a mac os x server.

 > I have a little experience with Linux on a Mac.  A blue G3
will
work > well, since all of the hardware should be supported by now.  (The