[wplug] Fwd: Install fest

harrold at sage.che.pitt.edu harrold at sage.che.pitt.edu
Tue Sep 4 09:03:28 EDT 2001

Sometime in September Michael Skowvron assaulted keyboard and produced...

|On Tue, 4 Sep 2001 harrold at sage.che.pitt.edu wrote:
|
|> nice. it was a pain for me to get the account setup, since i dont have
|> windows installed. i just wanted to let the poster know of a possible
|> hangup in setting up dsl using linux.
|
|Let me see if I understand now. You are posing the question, "If I ever
|have to re-setup the verizon account, would it be possible to use VMware
|or some other emulator rather than having to run Windows natively?" That
|is an interesting question for the list readers. I would expect the answer
|to be yes.
|
|Michael

i'm not really posting a question. i was just trying to inform the poster
about a complication they might run into while setting up verizons dsl
service under linux. i asked the list just under a year ago about setting
it up under vmware, but noone knew (or cared to share the information
:)) at that time.

--
john
kitten the other white meat.