[wplug] Fwd: Install fest

harrold at sage.che.pitt.edu harrold at sage.che.pitt.edu
Tue Sep 4 07:57:52 EDT 2001

Sometime in September Michael Skowvron assaulted keyboard and produced...

|On Tue, 4 Sep 2001 harrold at sage.che.pitt.edu wrote:
|>
|> when i installed the dsl stuff i had to run through the installation in
|> windows to setup my account. i dont know if this can be done in vmware or
|> some other windows supplement. something to think about.
|
|Although Windows may have been required to setup the account, it shouldn't
|be required to use the account. I believe that the only work necessary
|would be to setup the PPPoE configuration for Linux.
|
|Michael

sorry for any confusion. i wasnt trying to imply that windows was required
to use the account. i used verizons dsl service for a while with linux
before my roommate got one of those linksys router things-which are pretty
nice. it was a pain for me to get the account setup, since i dont have
windows installed. i just wanted to let the poster know of a possible
hangup in setting up dsl using linux.

--
john
kitten the other white meat.