[wplug] [wplug-announce] WPLUG Installfest on Saturday, September 8th

Michael P. O'Connor mpop at cs.cmu.edu
Mon Sep 3 23:56:23 EDT 2001

I bring a five port hub (10 mb/s) 3 cat 5 cables and a 100 foot long one
(just in case we need it, ya right)  and a 5 plug power strip (I might
bring 2 but don't count on it.  Also I will bring the following dist
RedHat 7.0 RedHat 7.1, Storm Linux (dated June 2000)  And for the people
who have older computers that might be about to run a newer linux (do to
memory constrates) I will bring a Slackware 3.0 cd.  I will also be
returning Marks Slackware 7.1   And if i can locat zman's debin cd (Zman
I will make sure I find them) I will brign them to return them to zman
so that is about what I will bring (not counting the money for pizza,
but I will probably bring my own drink)

On Mon, 2001-09-03 at 22:19, Zach Paine wrote:
> Greetings Penguin-Heads,
>         This coming Saturday, September 8th, 2001, the Western
Pennsylvania
> Linux Users Group will be hosting a installfest for anyone
interested.  It
> will be held at Carnegie Mellon University's Newel-Simon Hall Room #
1507.
> The installfest will run from 10am-5pm.
>
> New and experienced users alike are invited to come and enjoy the
> festivities.  Whether it be installing Linux for the first time or
setting up
> DRI on your laptop, help will be available.  I encourage you however,
> email the list ahead of time if you know you are going to need help
with a
> specific topic.  This will allow volunteers to prepare.  In addition
to your
> computer here is a list of things which are very helpful that you can
bring
> to make sure we have a successful installfest:
>
> * Power Strips
> * Cat5 cable
> * Power cable
> * Hub/switches
> * Network Cards
> * Distro's on cd
> * $5 for pizza
> * Drink money. They're $1 in the vending machines.
>
> If you are interested in installing linux, you should back up any data
that
> you don't want to lose.  This is just a precaution, the process should
*not*
> be destructive.  If you want to dual-boot your system (run windows and
linux)
> then you need to defragment your hard drive first.
>
> Maps and directions can be found on the meetings page on wplug's
website
> (http://www.wplug.org/meetings)
>
> See you there,
> The wplug Planning Group | Meeting Committee | Monkeybot | zman |
Executive