[wplug] Debian install Probs....

Evan DiBiase edibiase at mac.com
Wed Oct 31 19:48:20 EST 2001

On Wednesday, October 31, 2001, at 07:35 PM, William Powell wrote:

> Have recently installed Debian 2.2r3.  Several Problems:
>
> Install didn't pick up my network card or sound card.  Is there a
> utility that will pick these up in debian?

I think this is mainly managed through the use of kernel recompiles
and/or module loading.

> I ran linuxconf and entered all of the IP, gateway, and DNS stuff, but
> the default route doesn't show up in the routing table unless I manually
> enter it with the route command. What file can I enter the route info
> manually?

You may want to look around in /etc/network; this is the Debian location
for network configuration.

> I have tried to RTFDM (looked for Debian Docs) that cover this stuff,
> but it has eluded me so far.

A good resource for Debian questions is #debian on irc.openprojects.net.
And while you're on openprojects, stop by #wplug :-)

-Evan