[wplug] RedHat 7.1 X-Windows Problems

J Aaron Farr jaaron_farr at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 29 08:35:56 EST 2001

I'm running RedHat 7.1 with the Gnome desktop and my X-Windows is having
some odd display problems.  Various components of menus, windows, and icons,
simply don't render, but show up as a black area on the screen.  If I run my
mouse over them, then they'll render, but often in that process, something
else will black out.  It's rather random what won't display properly, but
usually it's menu items.  I've tried playing with the X-Windows settings
using Xconfigurator, but nothing seems to make a difference.  If I remember
right, I'm using an SiS 6326 video card.  Does anyone have any suggestions
on how to begin fixing this?

Thanks
jaaron