[wplug] GUM topics

Weber, Larry A laweber at switch.com
Thu Oct 25 09:16:22 EDT 2001

I really like Zach's idea of listing potential topics for GUMs.   How about
posting the topics on the website?

We did something similar to this at work.  Our development group decided
that we wanted at least one training session per week.  We set up an
internal website where group members could post and/or vote on topics of
interest.  Member's could then pick a topic that they knew something about,
or were willing to study.   Later they would schedule a meeting to either
facilitate a discussion or make a more formal presentation on the selected
subject.  Not only did everyone benefit from the information, we also have
become a much tighter team.

-laweber