[wplug] 2 questions

Josue Batista josue_batista at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 24 12:27:16 EDT 2001

--- "David Gerard Matthews Jr." <dgm4+ at pitt.edu>
wrote:
> "Romano, Christopher" wrote:
> >
> > first. what do I use to play mp3s from the shell?
> mpg123
> -dgm
>
> > Second.  I am going use PHP and MySQL for the web
> service that I was talking
> > about.  The guy who will be hosting it is running
> FreeBSD.  Will I run into
> > any problems by developing it on my RH system then
> putting it onto his
> > system?  Should I just try to load up FreeBSD or
> will my RH work?
> >
> > Chris
You should not have any problems developing a
mySQL/PHP app on a RH box and transferring that
application to another OS flavor, like FreeBSD;
unless, you are using some Linux-only PHP libraries.
The tricky part is to recreate the environment on the
FreeBSD machine, icluding the DB and keeping it in
synch with your development box.

-- Josue

=====
American Business Consulting Inc.
** Providing effective business solutions with the appropriate technologies **
http://www.abcsolutions.org
[Internet Distributed Applications]
[Legacy Integration to the Internet]
[XML Java PHP mySQL Oracle Apache Linux]