[wplug] MySQL

Josue Batista josue_batista at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 24 11:50:40 EDT 2001

Pay special attention to the "bin" (BINDIR) directory.
This directory contains client programs and the
server. You should add the full pathname of this
directory to your PATH environment variable so that
your shell finds the MySQL programs properly.

To add BINDIR to your path, modify the .bash_profile
file in the home directory of the user that owns the
mysql installation. In our case, we did the whole
installation under user "testbox".

[testbox at testbox /tempdir]$ cd $HOME
[testbox at testbox testbox]$ vi .bash_profile

Once you have the .bash_profile file in edit mode,
search for the line that defines PATH and add the
"bin" directory for mysql:

PATH=$PATH:/prod/mysql/bin

Make sure you insert that line before the line that
contains the export PATH directive. After you save the
file, press Crtl-D to log-out. Log-in again (no need
for rebooting) for the change to take effect.

To test that the $PATH variable was set properly,
issue the following command:

[testbox at testbox testbox]$ echo $PATH
/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/home/testbox/bin:/prod/mysql/bin

[testbox at testbox testbox]$

-- Josue

--- "Romano, Christopher" <cjr6 at exchange.cis.pitt.edu>
wrote:
> I installed MySQL and it seems that it's missing
> mysql.sock
> How can I get this installed or can I down load it?
>
> Chris

=====
American Business Consulting Inc.
** Providing effective business solutions with the appropriate technologies **
http://www.abcsolutions.org
[Internet Distributed Applications]
[Legacy Integration to the Internet]
[XML Java PHP mySQL Oracle Apache Linux]