[wplug] Need suggestions

harrold at sage.che.pitt.edu harrold at sage.che.pitt.edu
Sat Oct 20 10:06:02 EDT 2001

Sometime in October Romano, Christopher assaulted keyboard and produced...

|Well, I don't know perl or PHP.  I was planning on learning whatever I
|choose.  Can you use SQL statements with PHP or Perl?  Being able to uses
|these scripts on the console isn't really important to me.  Here is some
|more info about it.  The reason for doing this isn't for me to use that
|database and web access really.  I want to design a web services for some
|guy out in California.  It is basically a tracking system that he can run
|report from.  He is a snake breeder and want to be able to compare data
|between different snakes.  So, I don't want this as an app.
|wplug mailing list
|wplug at wplug.org

you can connect to databases (mysql, postgresql, oracle, informix, etc) with
both php and perl. they would both do what you want, but if you are going to
learn a new language i would suggest perl. in my opinion perl is a more
useful language to learn. i think perl is more versatile because of the shell
aspects. if you prefer structure in your programming you might want to check
out python. i'm not that familar with py, but i think it would do the trick
also.

--
john
-dirt it's what we die for.