[wplug] Perl

harrold at sage.che.pitt.edu harrold at sage.che.pitt.edu
Fri Oct 12 17:15:11 EDT 2001

Sometime in October Edward C Smith assaulted keyboard and produced...

|Anybody have any DBI experiance? Not sure how many perl hackers we have
|on the listbut anyway here goes.
|I'm having a terrible time porting a perl program from one server to
|another.
|It all occurs when I try and make the database connection
|(DBI:Sybase:hostname:Dbname). The server only spits back the following
|error:
|
|39. DBI 1.14-nothread dispatch trace level set to 4 -> DBI->connect(
|DBI:Sybase:DBEDEV01_SYB:ementoring_geo_dev, databaseusername, ****)
|Can't connect( DBI:Sybase:DBEDEV01_SYB:ementoring_geo_dev
|databaseusername password), no database driver specified and DBI_DSN env

this sounds like you either dont have the database driver installed or you
need to explicitly specify what is in the script. i dont know what the DBD
is for sybase, but are you sure it is installed? it appears that the module
is DBD::Sybase:
http://dbi.symbolstone.org/cgi/moduledump?module=DBD::Sybase

--
john