[wplug] Perl

Edward C Smith esmith at interactive-media.com
Fri Oct 12 13:42:40 EDT 2001

Anybody have any DBI experiance? Not sure how many perl hackers we have
on the listbut anyway here goes.
I'm having a terrible time porting a perl program from one server to
another.
It all occurs when I try and make the database connection
(DBI:Sybase:hostname:Dbname). The server only spits back the following
error:

39. DBI 1.14-nothread dispatch trace level set to 4 -> DBI->connect(
DBI:Sybase:DBEDEV01_SYB:ementoring_geo_dev, databaseusername, ****)
Can't connect( DBI:Sybase:DBEDEV01_SYB:ementoring_geo_dev
databaseusername password), no database driver specified and DBI_DSN env
var not set at /data/servers/www_mentoringdev_org/cgi/test.pl line 39 --
DBI::END Can't connect( DBI:Sybase:DBEDEV01_SYB:ementoring_dev
databaseusername password), no database driver specified and DBI_DSN env
var not set at /data/servers/www_mentoringdev_org/cgi/mentor_mentee.pl
line 30

I am have been tasked with porting this to a server that I don't even
have login privlidges on. So I can't just check out the DB or the
config. All my questions have to go through the admin on site.

Anyhelp you can provide will be great. Thanks, guys.

-Ed

--
Edward C. Smith
CBT/Multimedia Programmer