[wplug] Package grief

Edward Walter ewalter at tpresence.com
Thu Oct 11 12:50:56 EDT 2001

I've been using RPM pretty sucessfully on Redhat for a couple of years now.
I find it works nnicely on both strictly package oriented systems and
systems where we're building our own apps.  We did a build of sourceforge
with only minimal problems with existing packages on the system.  One of the
best resources I've found for interacting with RPM is www.rpmfind.net  It's
searchable and sorted by distro.  That way, when I dod have dependency
issues, I can find the reqd package fairly quickly.  It sounds like you
installed an srpm of gnuplot instead of the rpm.  Try the rpm linked to
here:
ftp://rpmfind.net/linux/redhat/7.1/en/os/i386/RedHat/RPMS/gnuplot-3.7.1-12.i
386.rpm and I think you'll have a better time of it.
-Ed