[wplug] Any aclocal gurus out there?

David Gerard Matthews Jr. dgm4+ at pitt.edu
Mon Oct 1 18:02:47 EDT 2001

Greetings,
	 I'm trying to build an app right now and the process is turning out to
be pretty thorny.  Specifically, I'm getting some (to me) pretty
impenetrable messages from an autogen.sh script (this is before you even
run ./configure) involving aclocal.  I read the man pages on aclocal,
but I'm still pretty lost.  A sample of the error message:

Building autoconf files for pbd ...
You should add the contents of `/usr/share/aclocal/libtool.m4' to
`aclocal.m4'.
aclocal: /home/matyas/ardour/quasimodo/libs/midi++/midi.m4: 14:
duplicated macro `AM_PATH_MIDI'
aclocal: configure.in: 83: macro `AM_PATH_SIGC' not found in library
Building autoconf files for midi++ ...
You should add the contents of `/usr/share/aclocal/libtool.m4' to
`aclocal.m4'.
aclocal: /home/matyas/ardour/quasimodo/libs/pbd/rdtsc.m4: 3: duplicated
macro `AC_ARCH_RDTSC'
aclocal: /home/matyas/ardour/quasimodo/libs/pbd/rtsched.m4: 5:
duplicated macro `AC_POSIX_RTSCHED'

...etc. (Lots of duplicated macros.)  Note that this isn't even the app
itself, but rather just some dependent libraries.  My aclocal directory
is /usr/share/aclocal but I also made a symbolic link to that from
/usr/local/lib/share/aclocal because someone told me that that's where
this program expects to find stuff.
Any help?
-dgm