[wplug] Need suggestions

Evan DiBiase edibiase at mac.com
Sat Oct 20 13:03:55 EDT 2001

You got it :-) Just a few things to quibble about:

On Saturday, October 20, 2001, at 12:56 PM, Romano, Christopher wrote:

> In my opinion, PHP would be trivially easy to learn for you. Quick, what
> does the following function do?
>
> function blackbox() {
>         $conn = mysql_connect("localhost","username","secret)
>                 or die("Could not connect to MySQL database.");
>           // Connection info.
	// We actually make the connection here.
	// $conn is then used as a reference variable to refer to the
connection

>         $select_db = mysql_select_db("test", $conn);
>           // Selects database and calls $conn
	// Selects database using $conn

>         $result = mysql_exec("SELECT snake_id FROM info WHERE
> type='python'");
>           // sets up the search procedure
	// Executes SQL query and stores result reference in $result
	// (Errata: should be mysql_exec("...", $conn) to indicate what
connection to use.

>         $num = mysql_num_rows($result);
>          // numbers the results.
>
>         echo "$result pythons in database.<br>";
>           // prints the sentence
> }

-Evan