[wplug] Package grief

Weber, Larry A laweber at switch.com
Wed Oct 10 15:30:08 EDT 2001

I used locate and found vga.h in my /usr/inlcude/asm directory.  I also
found that the file linux.trm was trying to include it, so I modified it
with the complete path to  vga.h.
Compilation continued and then exploded with over a dozen errors in
linux.trm (undelcared identifiers, structure members, and constants).  My
guess is that this vga.h is not the vga.h that linux.trm is looking for.

I'll try finding a binary but I would like to see if I can get the source to
compile.

My RH7.1 package manager usually works fine.  It gives me a very general
error message before it installs a package.  Of course it doesn't tell you
where it put it.  This is not too much of a problem if the package installs
an executable, but in this case the RPM only contained the source.  I wound
up using the command line version of RPM with -ivv to tell me where the
extracted files were going.