[wplug] /home fs permissions?

T Quine quining at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 30 17:16:07 EST 2001

Since vfat doesn't really know anything about unix permissions, you can't do
things like chown with files on that filesystem.  You could mount it with
the mount option "uid=<UID of juan2>" (insert the correct UID, the number
corresponding to your userid in /etc/passwd).

I think that it'd probably be better if you had a unix-like filesystem for
your home directory, and have the windows partition mounted elsewhere, like
/windows or /mnt/windows, or even /home/juan2/windows.  You could still
access the files, and it wouldn't break things.

-QUINE-