[wplug] Ethernet Card

Bryce Lynch bryce at telerama.lm.com
Thu Nov 29 16:33:14 EST 2001

On Thu, 29 Nov 2001, Romano, Christopher wrote:

> I have 2 NICs in my machine and I can't get one working.  I believe that it
> is a Kingston but not sure.  I looked at the numbers on it and it says SMC
> 83C795QF P which I believe is the chipset.  I can't find what mod that it
> uses.  I tried going to kingston's website but it's down.  I don't know if

PCI or ISA?

I think the Kingston cards use the NE2000 driver - I've got a pair of
Kingston NICs in my firewall (did you get the network at home kit, by any
chance?), or at least the PCI ones do.

    Doctor Who - SysOp, Crystal Chantry - telnet://chantry.virtadpt.net:2422/
<G> Man, bunnies man, THOUSAND OF 'EM!!!  -PHiZ