[wplug] new guideline for videos at gums and installfests

David Ostroske eksortso at linuxmail.org
Mon Nov 12 20:05:37 EST 2001

James,

It'll be tough stopping the movies, though it's a good idea if we want to spend the time promoting Linux and the group.

I agree that it's important that we maintain a good public image. However, if movies are going to be shown at the InstallFests, whoever brings them should show self-restraint. If we have to lay down guidelines (and Beth, though I don't want you to get in trouble, you can't make policies for the group unilaterally), then we will be imposing the machinery of censorship, and I don't want that to happen. We, each and every one of us, should be smart enough to not bring offensive media to the InstallFests, be it video or screensaver.

Now this is getting me angry. Why isn't anyone tearing on whoever brought the movie in the first place?

--- Dave Ostroske
    eksortso at linuxmail.org