[wplug] Need help with components at installfest.

Randy Allan Spark rspark at blackbox.com
Wed Nov 7 20:51:21 EST 2001

Hi all,

I'll be attending the installfest this Sat and will need some help with the equipment I want to install on.  I have an old 486 network server and an old 386 that I know nothing about.  If
anyone isn't planning on installing on their own equipment and would like a challenge, I'd really appreciate the help.

Neither of these machines has a CD-ROM, so I will need to do network installs on them, unless someone has a distro that can be installed from 3.5"  I have a new 3Com 509 NIC for the
486, but only have an unknown NIC for the 386 (and it's connector is BNC).  So, if anyone can help me connect this one to the network I'd be grateful.  I will be bringing all of the equipment
I have hub, CAT5 cables, etc.  Could someone suggest a distro to put on these machines?

I won't be able to check email until late Fri or early Sat, so any answers I will be able to come up with will have to wait until the Installfest.

Thanks for any and all help,

Randy