[wplug] Firewall Q

harrold at sage.che.pitt.edu harrold at sage.che.pitt.edu
Sun Nov 4 17:45:05 EST 2001

Sometime in November Romano, Christopher assaulted keyboard and produced...

|I am not familiar with ipchains or iptables.  I want to connect my RH
|machine to the net but don't want it wide open.  Can someone help me with a
|script or some rules to use.  It can with ipchains or iptables.  The only
|things that I am running are ssh and apache.

if you are using redhat you could try selecting the "high security" firewall
option during the installation. version 7.2 will allow you to select which
services to turn on.

--
john
(On going to war over religion) "You're basically killing