[wplug] Lilo problem in Mandrake 8.0

Michael Procario procario at ix.netcom.com
Sun May 27 23:19:04 EDT 2001

I have installed Mandrake 8.0 on my windows 98 box. I bought a second hard
disk to dedicate to linux. I installed linux on the new drive hdb. Windows
remained on hda which is the boot disk.

I rebooted after installing lilo during the mandrake install. I got LI
followed by repeated 01's. I rebooted with my boot disk and all was fine. I
removed lilo with fdisk /mbr from my Windows 98 startup disk. I now boot into
Windows 98 unless I have my boot floppy.

Here is the lilo.conf that the mandrake installation program produced.  I
cannot see the mistake. I have a separate boot partition /boot = /dev/hdb5.
The linux-nonfb and failsafe were mandrake's idea.

boot=/dev/hda
map=/boot/map
install=/boot/boot.b
vga=normal