[wplug] one more?

T Quine quining at hotmail.com
Mon May 21 23:18:39 EDT 2001

>From: harrold at sage.che.pitt.edu
>To: wplug at wplug.org
>Subject: Re: [wplug] one more?
>Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 20:26:49 -0400 (EDT)
>
>On Mon, 21 May 2001, T Quine wrote:
>
> > You can also set your $PRINTER env variable.
> >
> > (reading man pages isn't *THAT* hard, is it?)
> >
> > -QUINE-
>
>i believe what he wanted was a way to specify the default printer
>(assuming it would be done based possibly on the application or the
>user) specifically -without- invoking the lpr command.
>
>i think he already knows the syntax of lpr.

I will quote the man page for lpr:

       -P printer
            By default, the destination printer is taken from the
            command  line  printer  value,  then  the environment
            variables PRINTER, LPDEST, NPRINTER, NGPRINTER,  then
            first  entry  in  the  printcap  information, and and
            finally the default_printer entry from the configura­
            tion file, and then the compile time default.

If your program isn't using lpr, then I can't help you.  Almost every
program I know of uses lpr in some way, shape, or form.

-QUINE-