[wplug] perl and .bash_profile ?

harrold at sage.che.pitt.edu harrold at sage.che.pitt.edu
Sun May 20 11:58:27 EDT 2001

On 20 May 2001, Doug Green wrote:

> 2) I have been trying to compile and install bp, a perl bibliography
> package (available at www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~jacobsd/bib/bp/). It
> complains of my @INC variable not being set, among other things. What
> are these variables, how do I set them, and more importantly, where can
> I learn about this stuff (do I need to learn perl to use the
> packages??)? Does anyone else use bp? I had it working on my Mandrake
> 7.2 system, and I can't remember what magic catch-phrase made it work.

hey.

ok, i ran 'make install' in the  root of the untarred directory. this
copied alot of crap around. then i ran 'ldconfig' for good measure. i'm
not sure how perl lib's are stored so this may be unnecessary. it stuck
all the scripts in /usr/local/bin/ by default. now i can run
/usr/local/bin/bibconv and it seems to work. when you just run 'make' it
tries to execute some test thing that fails. i dont know if that is
necessary though.

--
john
Give a man a fish, he owes you one fish.