[wplug] cd burning

Doug Green doug.green at verizon.net
Thu May 17 09:47:43 EDT 2001

Well, I added my normal user account to /etc/group "disk" which is what
gcombust uses to address /dev/scd0. I definitely can address the drive,
and I can get output from "cdrecord -scanbus"... but when I try to burn
the following errors pop up:

/usr/bin/cdrecord: Operation not peritted. WARNING: Cannot do
mlockall(2).
/usr/bin/cdrecord: WARNING: This causes a high risk for buffer
underruns.
/usr/bin/cdrecord: Operation not permitted. WARNING: Cannot set
RR-scheduler
/usr/bin/cdrecord: Permission denied. WARNING: Cannot set priority using
setpriority().
/usr/bin/cdrecored: WARNING: This causes a high risk for buffer
underruns.
/usr/bin/cdrecord: Operation not permitted. shmctl failed to lock shared
memory segment.

So, it appears that cdrecord uses some system calls that I don't have
access to. Any thought about how to get around this- I don't know what
mlockall, RR-scehduler, setpriority, or shmctl are. Thanks!
Doug