[wplug] wu-ftpd?

Doug Green doug.green at verizon.net
Wed May 16 12:37:02 EDT 2001

Hi-

I'm setting up an ftp server on this RH7.1 machine at work. Security
needs are... ehh... medium. My only REAL concern is that my machine
would be used to access other machines in this network (there's nothing
too exciting on this machine unfortunately). Is wu-ftpd sufficiently
secure for this purpose? I'm not so paranoid about clear-text passwords,
but I do NOT want guest/anonymous logins.

Also, any help on setup/configuration would be greatly appreciated (a
point to a HOW-TO would be perfect). Thanks!

Doug

PS- E.Dibase and Zack- thanks for turning me onto RH7.1 (laptop
install). This distro rocks!