[wplug] Sound Mixer Problems....

Bill billpwl1 at home.com
Tue May 15 10:25:00 EDT 2001

I just installed a Hauppauge TV tuner card in my P-233 Desktop.  The
tuner works great in my Caldera 2.4 install with KDE.  However, since I
installed the tuner, the Audio Mixer has stopped working. I get a 'Mixer
Failure' message with the added info: kmix: could not write to mixer.  I
tried changing the permissions on /dev/mixer, but I get the same
response.  If I reboot, the permissions on /dev/mixer return to their
original value of crw- --- ---.

Any thoughts?

I wasn't able to find any direct documentation on the software kmix.
KDE really lacks documentation on most of their software.

Bill