[wplug] evolve nag screen

harrold at sage.che.pitt.edu harrold at sage.che.pitt.edu
Mon May 14 08:57:36 EDT 2001

On Mon, 14 May 2001, Doug Green wrote:

> I wrote the developers of evolution, asking how to disable the nag
> screen that pops up every time you start it. For anyone interested, here
> is the reply:
>
> export EVOLVE_ME_HARDER=1
> Can anyone put this into English for me? Thanks!
>
> Doug

when your in your shell (the konsole if you will) you have environment
variables that the system uses to know "THINGS". for example if you type
echo $HOME it should spit out something like /home/doug. HOME is an
environment variable that is set when you login. these are normally set in
your .login files. bash for example has the .bashrc and .bash_profiles
files. here you can setup aliases such as:
alias xterm='rxvt -bg black -fg green' (in the .bashrc)
or you can setup environment variables suchas:
export TEXINPUTS="$TEXINPUTS:/home/hydra/b/ArX/TeX" (in the .bash_profile)

so when enlightenment starts up it looks to see if the variable

EVOLVE_ME_HARDER is set to 1. if it is it doesnt display the spash
screen. so if you put that line in your .bash_profile and relogin it
should prevent the screen.

ahh.. all that frothy information.

john