[wplug] microscopy?

Doug Green doug.green at verizon.net
Mon May 7 21:16:31 EDT 2001

Hi all ('yall to Harrold)-
I have been given the charge of setting up and purchasing a new
fluorescent microscope for my lab. Does anyone know of (preferably free)
software that will drive a high end CCD camera for microscopy?
Basically, I got this project dumped on me because I balked when the
sales rep tried to sell us Windows OS imaging software for a 5,000$
license fee. From what I can tell, these are just ordinary (but high
resolution and senstivity) CCD cameras that use a SCSI port. I could
probably use gPhoto and gimp, but this seems kinda crude. Any
Thanks!
Doug
PS- In anticipation of the question, I have not yet decided on which
camera to buy, and will most likely make this choice based on avaiable
drivers, etc. So- again- if you have any ideas....