[wplug] I killed Windows!!!

David G Matthews dgm4+ at pitt.edu
Tue May 1 00:20:24 EDT 2001

me = tool.
While attempting to try to install a new Mandrake 8.0 (replacing my SuSE
7.0 install), I inadvertantly iced my NT partition.  Now don't get me
wrong, I hate Winblows as with as much righteous open source indignation
as anybody, but unfortunately I need it to run a few apps for which no
satisfactory Linux replacement exists. Now here's the big problem: i
didn't back it up.  (yes, I know that means I deserve this.  I quite
agree.  I backed up all my Linux stuff but nothing on the windoze side. me
= moron.)  Anyway, I can't boot from CD (my sole CD-ROM is a non-bootable
CD burner), and I don't have a rescue floppy for Windows.  Does anyone
know if it's possible to create a Windows or DOS boot floppy under
Linux?  There's a ton of documentation out there on installing Linux on
a system running Windows, but none on installing Windows on a system
running Linux.
-dgm who is a dolt