[wplug] Mandrake 7.2

Doug Green dgreen at verizon.net
Sun Mar 25 18:21:02 EST 2001

Well that's great news for you, but I reiterate that this is most
certainly not the case with every system. Both my HP Pavillion and my Dell
Dimension have both suffered the same fate, as I outlined, on more than
one occasion. I like the distro, and I will continue to use it, but it's
important to be objective when someone asks for an opinion.

As far as Helix Gnome goes, this is a well known problem with Mandrake and
it has to do with their menus (more info can be found in the mandrakeuser
discussion forum). It is certainly possible to run Helix, but a new user
had better be well informed before they simply launch that install script.

Doug