[wplug] Mandrake 7.2

David Tessitor dttessitor at home.com
Mon Mar 26 02:08:20 EST 2001

Have you updated yet?  I have a fairly full installation on my
latest install and I did the update.  It's now fairly late in
the cycle for 7.2 so there are a number of security and bug
fix updates.  The updater downloads everything but when it
comes upon conflicts (usually with man page differences that
are used by other programs too) it stops before anything is
updated.  I finally used rpm and forced the installs that were
the problem.  Anyway it required a bit of fussing and a number
of hours of effort.

Now with Win4Lin successfully installed and working with its
own kernel, I am migrating all my windows software onto
ReiserFS partitions and using w95 as the hosted operating
system in a linux window.  It runs sharp, though I haven't
noticed it being faster under Linux than when run natively, as
some reports have said.

Dave.
=========