[wplug] partitions

Doug Green dgreen at verizon.net
Sun Mar 25 11:47:46 EST 2001

Hi all- I have a relatively quick & easy question:

I am using a dual boot setup on my home computer- one partition with
Windows98, one with Linux (same physical drive, hda). I recently
repartitioned my hard drive, and in doing so, I reassigned all the same
sector/cylinder info to the Windows partition that it originally had. I
reformatted ONLY the linux partition, and reinstalled (I was playing with
different distros).

Now, here's the question: I cannot access windows, presumably because I
scrubbed its partition table. However, since I did NOT "format" that data,
is there a way to restore the partition information, or make that data
accessible again?

Thanks for your help.

Doug