[wplug] Realtek 8139 PCI card

Brian Sammon bsammon at yifan.net
Sun Mar 25 01:22:18 EST 2001

> [root at William /root]# rmmod rtl8139
> [root at William /root]# modprobe eth0

So, the system didn't say anything in response to these commands?  Good.
Another think I should have mentioned is that if you do a "lsmod" after those
two commands it should list the "rtl8139" module.

> What are the correct settings for a proxy network run under windows (my
> IP=90.0.0.3 server=90.0.0.1, workgroup=COULTER domain=flashcom.com)?

You could manually bring up the network card with a command like
"ifconfig eth0 90.0.0.3"
Then try to "ping 90.0.0.1"

If you responses to the ping, then you can be sure that the network card is
usable under Redhat 7.  All that remains is how to get Redhat to automatically
activate it.