[wplug] Realtek 8139 PCI card

William K. Coulter williamkcoulter at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 24 19:01:22 EST 2001

I changed /etc/modules.conf, rebooted, and tried to enter "ifup eth0" in the
command prompt:

[root at localhost /root]# ifup eth0
usage: ifup <device name>

I have not been able to set up the network parameters; I don't know where to
do that and Redhat 7.0  install does not ask for IP, hostname, etc.  That
might be part of the problem.
Also, I visited the "HOWTO" pages at
http://www.ibiblio.org/mdw/HOWTO/Ethernet-HOWTO-4.html#ss4.31 and they say
that the Realtek 8139 is only semi-supported.

Thanks,
- Will