[wplug] Laptops

Vincent DiAngelus vincedia at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 24 01:26:02 EST 2001

I tried to install Linux on almost the exact same laptop...well I fried it :(
I have a NEC Versa 2635CD with 1.? G of HD and 64M ram
I don't know why, but afterthe install I had it running, went ot restart, and it never started again. That was my only experence with a laptop install. Although it probably hadnothing to do with Linux...
Hey Mike, you need any spare parts for your laptop?
Vince D.
  "Procario, Michael" <Michael.Procario at science.doe.gov> wrote:
The graphics chip can be problem. Of course with 16MB you may not want to
run X. I have a NEC Versa 2760 with P166 and 96 MB of RAM. It has a neomagic
chip that wasn't supported by XF86. I found a X server that someone had
hacked. Otherwise the install went smoothly.